Lily’s Halloween Party (5th birthday)

Our Halloween party has been and gone 🙂

We had a wonderful day – Lily had a fantastic time and thankfully the rain held off long enough for the kids to have a good play outside.

And of course – there was plenty of food!!!!

Starting with the main table…

The creepy butler on the right is my friend’s and the mirror on the left was a gift from my mother-in-law….it looks like a normal mirror and then as you look closer, it starts talking to you! the kids loved it..

The kid’s table..

The cake!

Covered in bright orange buttercream and decorated with fondant bats, ghosts and spiders and with a cauldron topper

Thanks to everyone on my facebook page for their help in finishing off the topper! I had finished the cauldron and asked for advice on whether to make a witch stirring the pot, or to have the witch in the pot!! I was going to have a cat stirring the pot, but I ran out of time to make it.

The punch with a frozen hand (I found the idea here)

Vanilla cupcakes with fondant toppers

Pavlovas with a raspberry syrup and shards of glass – idea found here

Sticky Date Puddings

Lemon Meringue Pies

Banoffee Pies

Ghost meringues

Vanilla cookies covered with fondant and features drawn on using an edible marker

Creme Brulees

Tim Tam Pops

Ladies Finger Biscuits – idea found from Martha Stewart

Marshmallows – idea found here

Water bottles for the kids (labels made in Illustrator)

Mummy cups, which I filled with popcorn and put a jelly snake in it!

Tutorials to follow!

7 Responses to Lily’s Halloween Party (5th birthday)

1. Kristen Cook October 30, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

You, my friend, astound me with your effort!!! Such a pleasure to spend such a beautiful party day for a very special girl x

2. Chriss October 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

Gorgeous styling – I love the way you make little cards for the food. Great attention to detail.

3. Sheridan November 1, 2011 at 9:56 am #

You are so talented. My two could not believe the party – Harry said “Mum, Bron needs to get a job at a bakery”…ha!! Well done – beautiful party for a beautiful little girl x

4. Helen August 13, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Thanks for sharing! I love Halloween!

5. Nat Mardon March 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

Seriously the COOLEST set of foods!!!

6. Jan October 21, 2014 at 12:54 pm #

Hi bronnie,

Do u have a tutorial for the cauldron? How did u make the fire and wood?

• BronnieBakes Admin October 21, 2014 at 9:36 pm #

Hi Jan

I actually thought that I did write up a tutorial, but upon searching for it – I don’t think I did! How annoying.

The fire was made by making teardrop shapes out of yellow fondant and flattening them and then drawing on the red part with an edible marker. The wood was made by making a log of chocolate fondant and wrapping a darker shade around the log and then cutting it into pieces so that the end shows the inside being a different colour. I hope that makes sense?? and then I made markings on each log so get that wood effect.

I hope that helps!