Christmas Gift Ideas: Oreo Truffle Balls

Oreo biscuits were on special at the supermarket last week, so I picked up a few boxes for $1 each – yippee!!! I decided to make some truffle balls using some christmas sprinkles that I had leftover. These are ridiculously easy to make and would be a very tasty christmas gift 🙂

To make these you need:

2 packets of Oreo biscuits
160g cream cheese
chocolate
sprinkles

Start by crushing the biscuits with a food processor

Mix in the cream cheese and roll into balls

Refrigerate for 30+ minutes.

Insert a toothpick into the ball and dip in the melted chocolate

Finally – add your sprinkles! I had these christmas tree sprinkles which fit the bill perfectly

Here is another gorgeous way to decorate the truffles – seen on Pinterest by squidoo.com

6 Responses to Christmas Gift Ideas: Oreo Truffle Balls

1. Paula December 6, 2011 at 10:29 am #

Oh these do look delicious and your little helpers are very good and very cute!

2. Sky-Lee Martin December 7, 2011 at 7:35 am #

These look great and so easy. Makes me wonder what other biscuits could be used to make fancy truffles. Love your blog…

• BronnieBakes Admin December 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

Thanks Sky-Lee! I’ve tried them with TimTams and think they would work with any choc/icing combo biscuit. I should give them a try with mint slice!!

3. Jeannie May 1, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

I love these, a quick and simple recipe, now to turn them into little angry birds, well that may take me awhile longer 🙂

4. Angelika July 7, 2014 at 3:26 am #

tried them yesterday loved the taste greatly- but the pops were a bit greasy and even after chocolate coverage and refrigerating- they become very soft after taking them out of the fridge

• BronnieBakes Admin July 9, 2014 at 7:31 am #

oh that’s a shame Angelika 🙁 Did you use dark chocolate? and is it warm where you are at the moment? the temperature will definitely affect the softness of them