How to make Peppa Pig Cupcake Toppers or Cookies from fondant

Who doesn’t love Peppa Pig?? Since making these cute cupcake toppers/cookies, I have had the theme song and associated ‘oinks’ running through my head ๐Ÿ™‚

These are also really easy to make, so definitely give them a try! See here for an easy Peppa Pig cake tutorial.

Start by cutting out your background colour

Cut out Peppa’s head using an oval cutter. If you don’t have an oval cutter, use a circle cutter and stretch it out gently until it is oval in shape. Gently mark out the lines to cut the nose and then cut the head and attach it to the background using some edible glue or water.

Roll out your red and using the same oval cutter, make a cut at one end.

Cut out the sides and then stick to the background using a small amount of water

Carefully use the background cutter to cut the bottom of the dress off

Roll out a thin sausage of pink for the arms. Cut into longer pieces for the arms and 4 small pieces for the fingers and then attach to the body.

Roll out two small ovals of pink for the ears. Flatten then and attach.

Roll out two small circles of white for the eyes and attach

Using a dry paintbrush and some red petal dust… gently dust on the cheek circle before using a pink edible marker to draw the nose, mouth and a black marker for the eyeballs.

, , , , , ,

41 Responses to How to make Peppa Pig Cupcake Toppers or Cookies from fondant

1. Paula June 5, 2012 at 4:23 am #

She is adorable! Love your fondant work.

2. Helen Morrison-Harris June 16, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Wow you sure have a new follower. Great tutorials easy ans simple to follow… and inspiring … thanks

3. angela July 23, 2012 at 2:46 am #

these look awesome! going to try making them for my daughters 6th birthday. Do you have any idea if I made these the day before would they hold up ok?

• BronnieBakes Admin July 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

Hi Angela

Yes – absolutely! You could make the 2 weeks in advance and they would be fine – they will harden and become like hard lollies. You need to make them at least 24 hours in advance so that they will harden – I would personally make them at least a week in advance. If they are two soft, then once you place them over the cupcake icing, they will absorb the moisture and lose their shape

• angela August 1, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Thanks made the toppers the day before as I only saw your reply at the last minute. They were a hit! Everyone loved them and I feel proud of my creations. Thanks for the idea and advice

4. Sofia September 17, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

These look great! What size oval cutter should I use? I take it these are standard cupcake size? Thanks for your help.

• BronnieBakes Admin September 18, 2012 at 10:30 am #

Hi Sofia

I’ve loaned my oval cutters to a friend, so I can’t measure them, but the topper base (the green part) is the size of a cupcake, so I hope that helps!

5. Tania September 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Hi, I am making these gorgeous peppa pig fondant decorations to put on sugar cookies (hope they turn out half as good as yours). What is the best way to stick them on the cookie and how far in advance should I make the cookie toppers? Thanks

• BronnieBakes Admin September 18, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

Hi Tania ๐Ÿ™‚

You can make them at least a month in advance (I still have my peppa pig ones!!!) you just have to be careful to keep them out of the sun. They may still fade a bit.

To attach them, simply brush some water or syrup onto the cookie and stick on top

• Tania September 18, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

Thanks so much x

6. amanda September 21, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

Hi
    These are amazing! I followed your directions exactly and have 18 peppa toppers ready to put onto cupcakes tomorrow. my question is how to put the toppers (which have set and are flat) onto the cupcakes (which generally rise in a mound). i dont want to pile on buttercream icing to make it flat, and if i try to bend it around the edges it might crack.
    should i cut the tops off the cupcakes to make it flatter or do you have any other ideas?

• BronnieBakes Admin September 22, 2012 at 7:09 am #

Hi Amanda!

Well done on making the toppers. I leave the cupcakes as is and then pipe on a swirl and then i place the topper on top and gently press down a bit. The topper stays flat and you have a nice amount of icing between the swirl and cupcake

Hope that helps!!

X

7. Fernanda September 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Definetely gonna try to make’em…will let you know how they turn.

8. Namrita Mahil December 11, 2012 at 10:32 am #

Hi

Firstly love your website…just a quick question my niece is great fan of peppa pig like most kids these days and she wants me to make a peppa pig cake… could you use the above concept on a cake and if so how would you go about it would you use the base fondant to cover the whole cake or use the above idea as a cake topper??

Thanks

Namrita

• BronnieBakes Admin December 11, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

HI Namrita!

thanks for stopping by ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes – you absolutely could! You could make the images the same size (cupcake size) and change them slightly for each character and have those characters go around the cake? Or you could make a giant peppa one for the top of the cake

9. kandthekelpie March 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

Hi Bronnie
    Yours are the cutest toppers I’ve seen and exactly what I’m looking for. I’m making Peppa Pig cupcakes for my nephew’s birthday party. If I make the toppers a week or two ahead, do you recommend make up each topper as you go, or cutting each set of components as once so that you have an assembly line sort of arrangement? I am worried about drying out all the pieces and having to start all over again. Also, what’s the best way to store them? Have you ever heard of them sweating in a tupperware container? Thank you, thank you!

• BronnieBakes Admin March 24, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Hi Karin – thankyou for your lovely message!! Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

I would definitely make up each topper 2-3 even a month in advance. I kept my peppa pig toppers for about a year before my children found them and ate them ๐Ÿ™‚

They will just harden like lollies.

I usually make mine on a baking tray lined with baking paper and then leave them in a cool place away from the sun until I’m ready to use them. You could put them in a tupperware container but without the lid. Then, when you are ready, make your cupcakes, ice a swirl and press the hard topper on top! I also just did a figurine tutorial for Peppa if you wanted to try that? You could have the actual peppa in the centre cupcake http://bronniebakes.com/2013/03/05/how-to-make-peppa-pig-from-fondant/

10. Natalie March 26, 2013 at 8:40 am #

Hi,

I’m a complete novice, but since doing a cupcake decorating course a few weeks ago (we just covered buttercream swirls and some basic sugarpaste flowers) I’ve decided to have a bash at some cakes for my sons birthday. He would absolutely love these!

I’d just like to know if I can use ordinary icing (have been using a ready made one) or do I need to add something? When I did the course, we used Tylo(?) powder so we could roll the icing for the decorations thinner.

Thanks x

• BronnieBakes Admin March 26, 2013 at 7:46 pm #

Hi Natalie

Thanks for stopping by!

I use the store bought fondant (I buy bakels brand) and yes, I add tylo powder to anything when I am making models, or anything that needs to harden (like these toppers)

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Sarah May 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

I’m so excited and nervous at the same time, to try and recreate these for my daughters 3rd birthday party! I have never used fondant before, do I have to add anything to the store bought fondant for it to harden or will it just harden over a couple of days?

• BronnieBakes Admin May 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Thanks Sarah! I’m so glad you are excited about making these toppers ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, you will need to buy a hardening agent. I use tylose/tylo powder and add it at a ratio of approx 1/2 teaspoon to 250g of fondant. Hope that helps! And all the best!

12. Michelle Tan June 11, 2013 at 12:01 am #

Hi , can I use gumpaste instead of fondant
    to make the peppa toppers? Thanks

• BronnieBakes Admin June 11, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Hi Michelle

Absolutely! I turn my fondant into gumpaste by adding the hardening agent, so you can definitely just use gumpaste (I use my method as it is cheaper)

thanks
      Bronnie

13. Louise D August 6, 2013 at 8:53 am #

Hello

These are perfect for my god daughter’s 2nd birthday! I’ve got to make 36!!! How much icing do you think I’ll need? (In kg). I’m hoping that if I set up a production line that they shouldn’t take me days and days to make!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Louise

• BronnieBakes Admin August 8, 2013 at 8:37 am #

Hi Louise

thanks for your message! It is a hard question to answer as it would depend on how thick you roll everything out. But I would think 1 kilo would be plenty and yep – whenever I make a heap of toppers I do it in front of the tv production line style.

All the best!!

14. Lindsay August 20, 2013 at 11:51 pm #

Hi – these are incredible! Going to try to emulate them as far as possible for my best friend’s little girl’s 2nd next month. However, we don’t have Bakels branded fondant in the UK. I wondered if you would mind sharing the names of Bakels colours you used? Just so I can try to match them as closely as possible over here. Thank you! x

• BronnieBakes Admin August 21, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Thankyou for your lovely comment ๐Ÿ™‚

I would use a white fondant – if they don’t have bakels brand then whatever your cake shop seems to recommend will be fine. For the colours, use americolor or wilton brand. For the background disc colour you need to use a tiffany colour. So americolor turquoise is what I used. I used a pale pink colour for the skin – try a flesh or very tiny dot of pink. And then you need a true red colour – I used ‘red red’ (americolor brand). But if you get a starter set on ebay or wilton colours, you should be able to make whatever colour you need – always get the primary colours and a flesh colour. And add your colour using a toothpick. A little goes a long way!

15. Rach January 19, 2014 at 10:09 am #

I LOVE this!

• BronnieBakes Admin January 19, 2014 at 10:22 am #

Thanks Rach ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Ilky April 27, 2014 at 11:45 am #

Hi,

Your toppers look great!, my daughters first birthday is next month and just wondering can I make this same topper large enough to fit a circle or rectangle cake?

• BronnieBakes Admin April 27, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

hi ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely! It would just be a matter of finding something you can use as a circle cutter that is big enough??? I do have a tutorial for a Peppa figurine though if that would help??? http://bronniebakes.com/2013/03/05/how-to-make-peppa-pig-from-fondant/

• BronnieBakes Admin April 28, 2014 at 10:43 am #

Yes – absolutely! It is just that you might not have circle cutters big enough?? But otherwise – yes it would work well for a cake!

17. Carolinaflorida July 12, 2014 at 8:39 am #

Hi, I have a quick question , after I make the peppa fondant where do I storage ? I need it to be hard!!! So do I leave it on a plate until the party ? In 4 weeks , regfrigerator in a bag, or how ? Thanks in advance

• BronnieBakes Admin August 5, 2014 at 5:41 am #

Hi Carolina

I leave mine out away from the sun on a tray to dry – definitely don’t put it in the fridge otherwise it will sweat and get ruined.

18. Susana December 29, 2014 at 4:56 am #

Hi. Can you tell me the size of the oval cutter? Thanks!!!

• BronnieBakes Admin December 30, 2014 at 8:22 am #

It was from a set of oval cutters – I think that one was approx 3-5cms. Sorry – I can’t remember exactly, but the outer circle fit around my cupcake, so its in scale with that

19. the busykids shop March 16, 2015 at 11:40 pm #

Wow this is fantastic thank you!! I’m helping out with a friends little one’s Peppa Pig Party so I’ll certainly give these a go.

20. Rachael November 17, 2016 at 4:10 pm #

Awesome! Thank you! Quick question — won’t the toppers start to …melt, or bend or otherwise become misshapen when being exposed to buttercream? I know I’ve had figures start to soften when they’ve been leaned against a naked cake, let alone buttercream. TY in advance.

• BronnieBakes Admin November 17, 2016 at 4:21 pm #

Hi Rachael ๐Ÿ™‚

If you use a hardening agent like tylo/tylose or gumpaste instead of fondant and then wait for it to completely harden, then you will be fine! If it hasn’t hardened properly, then yes! that can definitely happen!!

1. Quanto cabe em uma semana? - Eu Sei Disso... - February 16, 2014

[…] tirar fotos vou esperar que a cliente me mande e vou deixar o link de onde eu aprendi. O blog chama Bronnie Bakesย , estรก em inglรชs, tem vรกrios tutoriais que as fotos jรก dizem tudo. Eu precisava modelar fazer as […]

2. 10 Handmade Peppa Pigs That Prove Craft Is Awesome - Hobbycraft Blog - November 19, 2014

[…] Peppa Pig Fondant Cake Toppers by Bronnie Bakes […]