How to make a Tiffany Gift Box Cake

I hope everyone survived the school holidays! I must be the only Mum who actually prefers the school holidays to term time – I really enjoyed two weeks off from my job as a taxi driver :-)

Thankyou to everyone who entered the Bronnie Bakes giveaway (I will be drawing a winner this week). I was given some great feedback which I always appreciate.

One of the requests I had was for a Tiffany Gift Box cake and because I recently picked up a Tiffany stencil, I thought I’d give it a try for my lovely neighbour who is celebrating her birthday today. I’m hoping this serves as compensation for me sneaking across the road the night before rubbish collection and filling her bins with my extra rubbish :-)

Tiffany Cake

The gift box should be square, but seeing as I only have circular tins (and it’s a lot easier to cover than a square cake) it will have to do!

Tiffany bow fondant

I dusted some pearl lustre dust over the ribbon and my stencil was a one off that I purchased (sorry for that but my supplier has run out of stock). Here’s a tutorial for making your own stencils. Or, you can try a company like this to get one custom made.

Tiffany present box cake

, , , ,

9 Responses to How to make a Tiffany Gift Box Cake

1. Stephanie October 8, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

Hi Bronnie,
    Did you custom order the stencil? How much are they?
    I love this cake. I have been wanting to make one, but the writing seemed a bit too hard.

2. BronnieBakes Admin October 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

I paid I think $17 – but if you check out Royal Bakery’s tutorial here https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=310440748977232

She talks about hand writing it. The most important thing is to have a really good edible marker – a fine marker. You could also print the writing onto tracing paper and use a pin to make holes for the tops and bottoms of the letters and then write it that way.

3. Dawn October 9, 2012 at 3:59 am #

Thanks I loved the Tiffany box..Now I know how to make a bow!

4. Sheryl October 9, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Hi Bronnie,
    I can’t seem to find the stencil on the website.. maybe I’m looking at the wrong section (?). Fantastic cake.. can’t wait to make my own version =)

• BronnieBakes Admin October 10, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Send her an email Sheryl and see if she has any left!

5. Paula October 10, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Gorgeous cake Bronnie!

6. Sandra October 11, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

Hi Bronnie
    Thank you so much for this tutorial, it has helped me so much, been wanting to see a ‘Tiffany’ tutorial for a while now, shall be attempting this next week!! :)

7. erika January 5, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Hello,
    I know you said that your supplier was out of stock but can I get the website anyway? Thank You!

• BronnieBakes Admin January 6, 2013 at 8:38 am #