How to make a Wonder Woman Cake

I made this Wonder Woman cake for this beautiful 5 yr old daughter of one of my good friends

Wonder Woman birthday cake

Jessica was having a super hero themed party and really wanted a Wonder Woman cake, so I used this design, which is a popular design from around the web (sorry – I don’t know who to credit for the original design).

, , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to How to make a Wonder Woman Cake

1. TooTTiFruiTTi April 16, 2013 at 8:45 am #

Love your cake stand. Can you please let me know where you got it? Cheers

2. Marica Skidmore April 16, 2013 at 10:46 am #

I love this cake – if only I had a little girl… Thank-you!

• BronnieBakes Admin April 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

thankyou Marica! :-)

3. Paula April 17, 2013 at 6:25 am #

Love this cake!

4. Stephanie May 15, 2013 at 5:57 am #

I just stumbled upon your site when searching for a letter press for cupcake toppers (can’t find anything in the USA) and love it! Do you ice/frost your cakes before applying the fondant? I notice you brushed the cake with water, but mentioned that you ganache the cake. Thanks!

• BronnieBakes Admin May 17, 2013 at 11:32 am #

Hi Stephanie

Thankyou for your lovely comment! yes, I ganache my cake before applying the fondant. I know in the states you do a crumb coat with icing, but I find it much better to use a layer of ganache before covering my cake. I have a video series on how I do this if that would help? http://bronniebakes.com/2012/05/01/basics/

5. Jamie July 17, 2013 at 3:39 am #

Looks amazing! What size are the cake pans you used?

• BronnieBakes Admin July 17, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Thankyou! I have used a 6″ and an 8″

6. Amelia September 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

Hi, I am attempting this on the weekend – eek! For the crown and the lassoo you say in the tutorial that you are using fondant – is that just fondant by itself or do you use a mixture / gumpaste to make it stay solid? Can’t imagine that fondant by itself would stay upright without flopping…? Thanks! :)

• BronnieBakes Admin September 14, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Hi Amelia

Sorry for the delay – I’ve been away on holidays :-)

Yes – you definitely need gumpaste/sugarpaste. I use fondant and mix it with a hardening agent (tylo powder) to turn it into gum/sugarpaste. All the best with it!

7. meagan Miller January 19, 2014 at 8:38 am #

what sizes are the cakes?

• BronnieBakes Admin January 19, 2014 at 9:38 am #

Hi Meagan :-)

They are 6″ and 8″ cakes. Hope that helps!

Thanks
      Bronnie

1. Bam! Plan a Superhero Bachelorette Party - June 25, 2014

[…] Wonder Woman Cake: The bachelorette caught the love of her life in her golden lasso. Make her this Wonder Woman Cake from Bronnie Bakes before the engaged couple flies off in her invisible jet. […]