How to make a Wonder Woman Cake

I made this Wonder Woman cake for this beautiful 5 yr old daughter of one of my good friends

Wonder Woman birthday cake

Jessica was having a super hero themed party and really wanted a Wonder Woman cake, so I used this design, which is a popular design from around the web (sorry – I don’t know who to credit for the original design).

, , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to How to make a Wonder Woman Cake

1. TooTTiFruiTTi April 16, 2013 at 8:45 am #

Love your cake stand. Can you please let me know where you got it? Cheers

2. Marica Skidmore April 16, 2013 at 10:46 am #

I love this cake – if only I had a little girl… Thank-you!

• BronnieBakes Admin April 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

thankyou Marica! :-)

3. Paula April 17, 2013 at 6:25 am #

Love this cake!

4. Stephanie May 15, 2013 at 5:57 am #

I just stumbled upon your site when searching for a letter press for cupcake toppers (can’t find anything in the USA) and love it! Do you ice/frost your cakes before applying the fondant? I notice you brushed the cake with water, but mentioned that you ganache the cake. Thanks!

• BronnieBakes Admin May 17, 2013 at 11:32 am #

Hi Stephanie

Thankyou for your lovely comment! yes, I ganache my cake before applying the fondant. I know in the states you do a crumb coat with icing, but I find it much better to use a layer of ganache before covering my cake. I have a video series on how I do this if that would help? http://bronniebakes.com/2012/05/01/basics/

5. Jamie July 17, 2013 at 3:39 am #

Looks amazing! What size are the cake pans you used?

• BronnieBakes Admin July 17, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Thankyou! I have used a 6″ and an 8″

6. Amelia September 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

Hi, I am attempting this on the weekend – eek! For the crown and the lassoo you say in the tutorial that you are using fondant – is that just fondant by itself or do you use a mixture / gumpaste to make it stay solid? Can’t imagine that fondant by itself would stay upright without flopping…? Thanks! :)

• BronnieBakes Admin September 14, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Hi Amelia

Sorry for the delay – I’ve been away on holidays :-)

Yes – you definitely need gumpaste/sugarpaste. I use fondant and mix it with a hardening agent (tylo powder) to turn it into gum/sugarpaste. All the best with it!

7. meagan Miller January 19, 2014 at 8:38 am #

what sizes are the cakes?

• BronnieBakes Admin January 19, 2014 at 9:38 am #

Hi Meagan :-)

They are 6″ and 8″ cakes. Hope that helps!

Thanks