Smoothies are a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables into your diet. They are also a great way to add extra nutrients to your diet. However, making smoothies can be a bit tricky if you don’t know what equipment to use.
There are two main types of blender out there – the food processor and the magic bullet. Both are great tools for blending different ingredients together. However, which one should you choose?
In this article, I am going to compare the pros and cons of both blenders.
The Magic Bullet was created by Kenwood in 1994 as an affordable alternative to other high-end blenders on the market at that time. It has been around since then and it still remains popular today.
It comes with three speeds: low speed, medium speed and high speed. You will need to purchase additional attachments depending on how much fruit or veggies you want to blend. For example, if you have applesauce, bananas and strawberries, you would need to buy a strawberry attachment. If you only wanted to make banana ice cream, you could just go ahead and buy the banana attachment.
It does not come with any blades so you will need to attach them yourself. This means that you cannot put anything sharp inside the machine. Also, because it doesn’t come with any blades, you won’t be able to chop up large pieces of produce like carrots and celery.
A food processor is similar to a blender but instead of using a blade, they use a chopping tool called a “chopper”. A chopper works very well when cutting small amounts of foods such as nuts, seeds, cheese etc.
However, most people find that their food processors do not work too well when processing larger quantities of fruits and vegetables. Because of this reason, many people prefer to use a blender over a food processor.
Magic bullet is a blender that is used to blend ingredients together. It is very useful for making smoothies, sauces, soups, dips, dressings, and other types of food. Food processors are similar to blenders but they are designed to chop, slice, shred, grate, and puree food. They are usually used for chopping vegetables, fruits, nuts, and meats. Both of these devices are great tools to have around the house. However, there are pros and cons associated with both of them.
The magic bullet is built to deal with liquids much better than a food processor. It’s easy to drink from the holder that you use to make your smoothie.
I don’t think the magic bullet is the best choice for making butter and bread, it is robust enough to grind up nuts, vegetables, and other ingredients.
Food processing equipment is best suited for labor intensive tasks, like kneading the dough. Food processing equipment has large mixing bowls that make it easy to add multiple ingredients at the same time.
Some tasks can be done better with one appliance over the other. The magic bullet is an efficient and affordable mixer, but it can’t do much more than blend.
Let’s compare the two:
1) Easy to use – One thing about the magic bullet is that it is easy to operate. All you need to do is turn it on and press start. There is no complicated menu system to follow. Just push buttons until all the ingredients are blended together.
2) Versatile – With the magic bullet, you can create almost everything from soup to salsa. You can even mix things together without having to worry about getting stuck trying to figure out where each ingredient goes. But, the cup sizes limit the amount of food that can be processed.
3) Affordable – When compared to other blenders available on the market, the price tag on the magic bullet is pretty reasonable. In fact, some models cost less than $50!
4) No messy ingredients – Another advantage of the magic bullet is that your ingredients don’t get messy after being processed. Unlike blenders, there aren’t any parts floating around everywhere. Everything gets mixed into one big container. But, Its neck is narrow, making it difficult to clean.
1) More powerful – The food processor has more power than the magic bullet. So while the magic bullet may take several minutes to finish blending something, the food processor might take 10-15 seconds. But, blending liquid in this appliance is not a good idea since a food processor cannot handle liquid well.
2) Can chop large amounts of fruits and vegetables – While the magic bullet can handle smaller amounts of fruits and vegetables, the food processor can easily cut through bigger chunks of produce. But, it will not make the soup smooth. Some ingredients are left unprocessed if the food processor is overfilled.
3) Easier to store – Since the food processor uses a lot of space in comparison to the magic bullet, storing it becomes easier. This means that if you want to store it somewhere else besides its original location, then you won’t be able to fit it inside another device.
4) Cheaper than other blenders – If you’re looking at buying a new blender, then the food processor will probably be cheaper than what you would pay for a high end model.
The choice between these appliances depends on how often you use them. If you only plan on using them once or twice a week, then go ahead and buy the magic bullet. It will save you money and effort when compared to purchasing a food processor. However, if you plan on doing lots of cooking every day, then consider investing in a food processor instead.